June 8, 2019, Dallas, Texas – REGISTER BELOW
The AAU Freestyle Judo National Championship is the premier event on the IFJA calendar.
Competitors from all corners of the United States, and other countries, have gathered together to demonstrate “Judo, the way it ought to be.”
This yearly event is open to all competitors with AAU Judo membership.
First, Second, and Third place AAU National Championship medals will be awarded in double-elimination bracketed divisions for Seniors and Masters. In addition, an open-by-invitation “Fight Club Absolute Championship“ Kachinuki / Kohaku Shiai will be held at the end of the tournament.
The 2019 AAU Freestyle Judo Senior Nationals is hosted by The Judokai and will be in Dallas, Texas on Saturday June 8th.
Friday, June 7th, 2019
5 – 6:00 PM – Early Weigh-in
Saturday, June 8th, 2019
9:30 AM – Weigh-in / Check-in
10:00 AM – Referee / Coaching Clinic
11:00 AM – Competition Begins
For more information, contact Vincente D’Ingianni at vincente@Judokai.net.
We hope you can come to Dallas, Texas and be part of Freestyle Judo’s premier tournament.
This is an AAU sanctioned event. AAU Judo membership is REQUIRED for insurance purposes and must be purchased in advance at www.AAUJudo.org
($29/year adults or $16/year youth) REGISTER NOW
Get your AAU Judo membership, then sign up for the tournament below:
Entry Fee: $75 online in-advance
Spectators: $5 at the door
Men’s Division Entry Form
Men’s Division Entry Form
* * * Division winners may be invited to compete in an optional open “Fight Club Absolute Championship“ Kachinuki / Kohaku Shiai following the conclusion of the finals matches. No additional entry fee required.
Rules, Scoring, Match Time, etc.
- Official IFJA/AAU Freestyle Judo rules govern this event.
- Competitors under the age of 18 may compete in the Senior division with coach and parental approval.
- Tournament seeding is based on previous performance in official IFJA/AAU sanctioned events, and overall Judo/JiuJitsu/Wrestling experience.
- The tournament director reserves the right to combine divisions if necessary using a combination of age/weight factors to ensure most equitable possible pairings and upholding AAU guidelines that weight disparities seldom exceed 15% in any division whenever possible.
- AAU National Championship medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes in all applicable divisions.
Certificates are awarded for Fight Club Absolute Championship matches.
- Senior matches are 5 minutes.
Masters/Executive matches are 3 minutes.
Open “Fight Club Absolute” matches are 3 minutes.